Removing Emotion From Decision Making
We use a top-down, bottom-up approach to identify investment opportunities. This allows us to filter investments from broad-based macroeconomic views down to asset price levels.
Once an opportunity has been identified, we rigorously analyze the investment across three variables: valuation, fundamentals, and the geopolitical environment. Our goal is to identify buy factors and warning signals. Post-investment, our rigorous analysis continues.
Our portfolio managers are empowered to make buy and sell decisions, eliminating the need for multiple levels of approval. This efficient approach to decision-making translates into nimble execution.
Rigorous Analysis: Buy & Sell Indicators
- Historically attractive valuations relative to the security’s trading history and growth
- Historically high valuations relative to the security’s trading history and growth
- 15% or greater price decline
- Strong, stable management
- Good growth momentum
- Strong product
- Significant management changes
- Product/process obsolescence
- Declining market share
- Stable economic environment
- Strong currency
- Growing inflation in the area
- Political/social unrest